Last Updated: May 2023
Activ8 Intelligence Limited is the data controller in respect to all personal data collected through our website.
Our registered office is at Estate House, Evesham Street, Redditch, Worcestershire, B97 4HP and we are registered in England under company number 05384841.
If you wish to contact us with regards to any aspect of this Policy, you can email our
Personal Data Collected
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, such as:
- Contact data which may include your name, job title, business name, email address or phone number.
- Enquiry and correspondence data which may include the content of enquiries made via contact forms on this website, details of registrations for events or responses to surveys/feedback requests.
- Usage data which may include information about how you use our website.
- Application data which may include your IP address, browser type and version, geographic location, operating system and other information about the devices you use to access our website.
- Marketing data which may include your preferences in receiving marketing from us.
We do not collect any special categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data).
How we collect your Personal Data
We may use the following methods to collect data from you and about you:
- Direct interaction – you may give us your contact data by filling in forms on our website to submit an enquiry, register for an event, or respond to a survey.
- Automated technologies – as you use our website we may automatically collect application and usage data about your device, user behaviour and interactions by using cookies, server logs or other technologies.
- Third parties – we may receive application and usage data from third party services such as:
- Analytics providers, such as Google
- Advertising networks
- Search information and other data providers
Where data is obtained from third party suppliers, we ensure that these suppliers use the necessary level of protection for your information and comply with the relevant data protection laws.
How we use your Personal Data
We may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Contact data – We may use this data to provide you with further information about our services.
- Enquiry data – We may process information contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding our services (“enquiry data“). The enquiry data may be processed for the purposes of ensuring quality, monitoring use and user experience. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests in responding to your enquiry appropriately and ensuring the efficient operation and provision of our services.
- Correspondence data – We may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us (“correspondence data“). The correspondence data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication. Our website will generate the metadata associated with communications made using the website contact forms. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping.
- Marketing data – We may occasionally send you marketing information where we have assessed that it may be beneficial to you and in our legitimate interests. Such information will be non-intrusive, and you have the right to opt-out at any time.
- Other processing activities – In addition to the specific purposes for which we may process your personal data set out above, we may also process any of your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Sharing your Personal Data with others
We will not pass on your information to any third party without your explicit consent. However, we may be required to share your Personal Data to comply with legal obligations, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another individual.
Where your Personal Data is transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will ensure that either:
- The European Commission has made an “adequacy decision” with respect to the data protection laws of the country to which it is transferred, or;
- We have entered into a suitable data processing agreement or Model Contract Clauses with the third party situated in that country to ensure the adequate protection of your data.
In all cases, transfers outside of the EEA will be protected by appropriate safeguards.
Retention of your Personal Data
Personal Data that we process for any purpose shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose. Unless we contact you and obtain your consent for us to retain your Personal Data for a longer period.
We may retain your Personal Data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
You have the right to ask us to provide you with any Personal Data we hold about you. The provision of such data will be subject to you supplying evidence of your identity and your request not being unfounded or excessive. If this is the case a charge may apply.
We may withhold Personal Data that you request to the extent permitted by law.
The rights you have under the Data Protection law are:
- the right to access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- the right to withdraw consent.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your Personal Data by written notice to us, using the address at the start of this Policy.
If you think that our processing of your Personal Data infringes data protection laws, you can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do this in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement. The supervisory authority within the UK is the Information Commissioners Office (ICO):
Information Governance department, Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well providing information to the owners of the website. You can choose to accept or decline cookies from our website. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer, however this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Use of Social Media
Through our website we provide you with the links to interact with our Activ8 Intelligence Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages. We would recommend that you read the Privacy statements for each platform, should you choose to interact with us in this way.